I Believe Even When...
The Season of Advent begins Nov. 29. This year we will prepare for the birth of Jesus with the help of the Worship Design Studio's worship series called "I Believe Even When..."
Click here to see trailer.
Celebrate for Advent
There are a number of ways that you can participate in Advent practices.
- Fill the Night with Music! Record yourself with household members singing a Christmas carol outside your home or in the community - in the park, on the porch and sidewalk! We would love to include some of these in our on-line worship. Bonus: we have some special ‘covid’ verses to share with you. Download the Park, Porch & Sidewalk Sings songbook. Contact Rev. Bruce if you wish to participate and send videos to: [email protected].
- Make an Advent wreath at home. We recommend 4 blue candles and one white Christ Candle. Each Sunday we will light a new candle. Would you like to video yourself lighting a candle for inclusion in the on-line worship video? Let Rev. Janice know if you would like to participate in this way. [email protected]
- Each week in the on-line worship we will sing a verse of "This Little Light of Mine" with 'sign language'. Be prepared to learn another way of singing!
- Join the Los Posadas Journey of Mary, Joseph and the donkey (in the form of knitted stuffies). They will be traveling through our community in their miniature Recreational Vehicle. Because of health and safety concerns they won't be able to come into our homes but they can stay in their RV on your covered entrance or patio. And we can still have a quick, safe 6 ft visit while transporting the Holy Family from one home to another. Contact Pat Anderson 604-535-5652 if you would like to host the Holy Family for a night or two.
- Make a luminary for your home Advent celebrations.
- Play a role in the "virtual" Christmas pageant (for all ages!)
- Create a symbol of hope, love, joy or peace and decorate the Christmas tree in the entryway of the Crescent site.