With the White Rock Pride Society, we’re co-hosting an art show this Sept. 28 to Oct. 1 in South Surrey.
Submissions are open to anyone age 18 and under, and to adults who identify as 2SLGBTQ+.
Here are the submission guidelines:
- This will be a public art show, so we request that your artwork be suitable for viewing by all ages.
- There are two categories:
- Youth age 18 and under
- Adults who identify as 2SLGBTQ+
- All types of art can be submitted (painting and drawing, fibre art, photography, graphic arts, sculpture, pottery, mixed media, etc.). Very large or unusual pieces may be refused based on our display capabilities.
- Volunteer hosts will be present at all times when the show is open to the public.
- No entry fee.
- Maximum of two pieces accepted per artist.
- There will be two People’s Choice awards – one in each category. Winners will be decided by votes cast by show attendees.
- The show will not handle direct sales of art, but artists are welcome to post their contact information beside their art so interested buyers can contact them directly.
- Organizers reserve the right to refuse any submission.
- Artists are responsible for having insurance on their own art.
- Details on drop-off and pick-up of art to follow on acceptance of submissions.
- DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: September 14, 2022
- To submit your art, please email OutandAboutArtShow@google.com with the following information:
a. Category (youth or adult)
b. Photo(s) of your piece
c. Dimensions of the piece
d. Brief description of piece
e. Brief artist biography
f. Your name and contact information.
We look forward to your submissions!